Been a long time, right?
Yeah, I know. We’ve been knee deep in reviewing applications, interviews, selections and then matching. However, some sites (particularly our new sites) have yet to begin their process. (WHAT?! For real!)
For those who want in with the Twin Cities, we appreciate your patience. Part of the reason that this has taken longer, is that we really wanted to be sure that we staffed that site with the best talent. I’m proud to introduce you to Antonio Cardona, the new Site Director of Public Allies Twin Cities. He was hired just over a week ago, and I am excited to have such a dynamic leader be our inaugural Site Director. Antonio just completed his fellowship with the National Urban Fellows in New York City, but we’re happy to have him back home in the Twin Cities ,as he’s an alumnus of the U of M and U of St. Thomas.
Now that introductions are out of the way, here’s what you can expect:
- August 18-20, 2010. Application Review
- August 25-27, 2010. 1st Round interviews. (Preferably conducted in-person, phone, or web-cam.)
- September 1-3, 2010. 2nd Round interviews. (Preferably conducted in-person, as it includes group exercises)
- September 10, 2010. Finalists will be selected.
- September 15, 2010. Matching Fair for Finalists and our Partner Organizations.
- September 15-22, 2010. Finalists conduct on-site interviews at Partner Organizations
- September 27, 2010. Finalists Matched. The Class is Set!
- October 1, 2010. Ally Enrollment Meeting
- October 18-22, 2010. First Week! Ally Core Retreat + Training
- October 25, 2010. Ally First Day at their Partner Organization
We’ve received nearly 100 Applications for 25 Ally positions. We expect to personally interview about half of that pool, and then ultimately narrow down to approximately 30-35 candidates for Finalists. (Remember that we “over-book” for Finalists to ensure that we have the best possible matches for our Partner Organizations).
In the meantime, I would invite you to revisit your application to ensure that your recommenders have submitted their recommendations.
If you have any further questions in regards to the Public Allies Twin Cities site, I invite you to contact Antonio Cardona at email@example.com or 612-302-3425. Again, thanks for your interest and patience. We look forward to learning more about you during this interview and selection process.